What we do
- Since 1991, Basler Leprahilfe has spent more than two
million Swiss Francs supporting projects for early
detection and treatment of leprosy and other neglected
diseases in many countries in Africa, Asia and South America.
- With these funds, awareness campaigns,
propagation for prevention methods, detection camps for
early detection in schools and villages and monitoring
compliance during treatment are financed.
- Early diagnosis of other diseases can also help
to improve the general health services in the area.
- Since 2014, Basler Leprahilfe is focusing its projects primarily on India,
where still more than 50% of all new leprosy cases worldwide are detected.
The projects are mainly situated in the most affected provinces
of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
- Basler Leprahilfe works together with more than
20 NGOs in these two provinces. These local NGOs with
the support of nearby hospitals and Primary Health Centers
are doing the field work, based on well-established
processes defined by Basler Leprahilfe.
PLEASE SEND YOUR DONATION TO:
Bank: UBS Switzerland AG (SWIFT: UBSWCHZH80A)
Account Nr: CH18 0023 3233 1010 8618 0
Account holder: Basler Leprahilfe, 4133 Pratteln/Switzerland